Thank you for being a part of Give Local Missoula County!
We didn't expect you to break the internet with your generosity, but you did. As our day began on May 3rd, the national giving day platform hosted by Kimbia, crashed across the nation. Giving days all over the country were halted due to the online challenges.
Despite these obstacles, our community came together with resilence, creativity and generosity. The Missoula Community Foundation and incredible volunteers sprung into action and setup a method to accept gifts of check/cash, decided to accept donations via phone, provided the Missoula Community Foundation's website for online gifts, encouraged you to donate on your favorite nonprofit's website and crossed our fingers that the GiveLocalMissoula.org site would become functional again. We chose to extend the deadline another day to give you a fair chance to be part of our community giving day.
While many donors and nonprofits felt the frustrations of the online platform, many stories of success were shared with us. Nonprofits who doubled their goal, met new donors who cared about their work and community members who gave for the first time in their lives! Yesterday, success was not measured in dollars but in acts of kindness, grace and generosity.
We appreciate your patience while our dedicated staff and volunteers are working to tabulate gifts by hand and issue any refunds necessary. We hope to have final numbers for Give Local Missoula County 2016 by the end of next week.
Thank you again for joining us in this unique effort. Above all, we are grateful to our very generous sponsors listed below. It took a village to make this community event possible - and each one of them represents true community partners in philanthropy. Please support these local businesses!
We would also like to sincerely thank:
- Our Steering Committee for their leadership: Erin Steele (who served on several committees), Jessie Rogers, Jesse Jaeger, Nikki Robb, Caroline Lauer and Lynne Foland. Plus Amy Cilimburg who provided valuable insight as we worked to manage the crisis.
- Our Marketing Committee for getting the word out to the community: Nikki Robb, Jessie Rogers, Emily Lawson, Caroline Lauer, Liz Corey, Lynne Foland and Cassidy Green
- Our Giving Day Activities Committee for staging a live broadcast and masterminding the donor lounges around town: Jesse Jaeger, Scott Ranf, Dorcie Dvarishkis and Joel Baird.
- Emily Lawson who did all of our fantastic graphic design work
- Derek Laine who managed our IT
- Our donor lounge volunteers who cheerfully assisted donors (as much as possible) throughout the day
- and Caroline Lauer who worked closely with the nonprofits throughout the process, was a "utility player" and handled many behind-the-scene duties and was unflappable when disaster struck.
Thank you for giving local for our community on May 3rd & 4th!
The Missoula Community Foundation - "Connecting people who care to causes that matter"
We are grateful to our sponsors, who make Give Local Missoula County possible!